Monday, February 6, 2012
Symbols
It was hard for me to first think of something that really can capture my personality and symbolize me as a person. I have a very laid back easy going personality and wanted to find something that is somewhat like that. As strange as it may sound I finally decided on a surfboard or surfing to symbolize me and my personality. Now surfboards do not necessarily have a particular thing that they represent but I decided to think further into it. In order to ride a surfboard properly you need to have balance and harmony not only with the board but with the waves as well. This is how my life usually, having balance and harmony with all of my relationships is crucial to having good healthy relationships which I currently do with everyone in my life. Surfboards in some way “go with the flow” of things flowing through the water and riding the wave and does a surfer rarely ever encounter a bump in the way while riding the wave. Like I mentioned early I am a very easy going person and do go with the flow of things and never normally cause any type of drama or anything like that. Also it is said that if a person dreams that they are surfing a surfboard represents a person ability to control their emotions and the ups and downs that people encounter in their lives. Some may say it is a bad thing but I never normally get upset I feel that if something is not right or does not go the way that is hoped it would to move on and just keep going, everything does happen for a reason, and if something bad happens something good will fall in place of that. I never let my emotions get the best of me. Finally peace, when a surfer is deck diving underneath the waves in order to get through the ocean to paddle further out there is that moment underwater of pure silence and peace. I do consider myself to be a very peaceful person. So the things that are done will surfing, riding the wave and keep moving forward, balancing to stay on the board, going underwater and having a few seconds away from the real world all in my opinion represent me and how my life is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jen -- I see the wave -- where's the surfboard? There are some nice points here. Please use paragraphs to structure your posts, and work on your grammar and transitions. Finally, as one of my SPE-010 students, you know better than to write "Like I mentioned." -- ouch! ;-)
ReplyDeletealso Jen -- remember to use vocabulary and concepts from class in your posts: show me what you're learning.
ReplyDelete